Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., announced the launch of Smart Things, the easy way to turn a home into a smart home, underscoring how technology can simplify daily life. Acting as the hub of the connected home, the new Smart Things App detects and pairs with compatible devices and connects wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices enabling them to work together for a smarter home.
Smart Things works with a variety of Samsung products, including the new Galaxy Note9, Galaxy Tab S4 and Galaxy Watch, along with the Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and Flex System laundry collection and compatible third party products from the Ring Video Doorbell to the ecobee4 thermostat1. More importantly, through the Smart Things App, Canadians can now manage and experience the connectivity of all their products through one App.
“At Samsung, we’re committed to bringing Canadians innovative products that provide meaningful convenience and uninterrupted connectivity,” said Jennifer Safruk, VP of Sales and Product Management, Mobile at Samsung Canada. “With our comprehensive portfolio of connected devices, we are uniquely positioned to offer Canadians a way to manage their connected ecosystem of devices, whether controlling the lights, TV, temperature and even home appliances.”
Based on individual and family needs, “automations” can be customized to match a consumer’s routines. For instance, running the ‘good morning’ scene turns on lights, turns off the air conditioner and starts the coffee maker at the desired time. Compatible devices are easily detected by, and paired with, the Smart Things App and profiles can be effortlessly shared so your family stays connected.
In expanding the Samsung ecosystem of devices and accessories for Canadians, key Samsung Smart Things products will include:
- Samsung Smart Things Hub – connect wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and make them work together
- Samsung Smart Things Wifi – a 2-in-1 Mesh Wi-Fi router that includes the functionality of the Smart Things Hub, allowing for connectivity between a home’s devices
- Samsung Smart Things Multipurpose Sensor – Multipurpose Sensor detects whether doors and windows are open or closed as well as monitors temperature and vibration, allowing home to react using ‘automations’ set up in the Smart Things App
- Samsung Smart Things Motion Sensor – keep tabs on the home through the Smart Things Motion Sensor, which alerts when movement is detected
- Samsung Smart Things Water Leak Sensor – if there’s a leak, this sensor will be able to let you know and react accordingly by turning off connected devices (such as a dishwasher or washing machine) based on moisture detection
- Samsung Smart Things Outlet – control traditional lamps, electronics and small appliances
- Samsung Smart Things Button – control connected devices at the touch of a button with three programmable triggers — Markets Insider