The Genio is a complete platform stack for the AIoT with powerful and ultra- efficient chipsets, open platform software development kits (SDKs) and a developer portal providing resources and tools. An all-in-one platform it will make it easier for brands to develop new consumer, enterprise and industrial smart applications at the premium, mid-range and entry levels, and bring these devices to market faster.
Using MediaTek Genio, customers will have access to all the hardware, software and resources needed to go from concept to design and manufacturing. Customers will also be able to choose from a range of Genio chips to suit their product needs, and then use MediaTek’s developer resources and the Yocto Linux open platform SDK to customize their designs.
By offering an integrated, easy-to-use platform, MediaTek Genio will help to reduce development costs and speed up time to market and will provide long-term support for operating system updates and security patches that extend the product lifecycle.
“As the industry enters the next era of innovation, MediaTek’s Genio platform delivers flexibility, scalability and development support brands need to cater to the latest market demands,” said Jerry Yu, MediaTek Corporate Senior Vice President and General Manager of MediaTek’s Computing, Connectivity and Metaverse Business Group. “We look forward to seeing the new user experiences brands bring to life with the Genio 1200 and its powerful AI capability, support for 4K displays and advanced imaging features.”
The Genio open platform AIoT SDK allows designers to customise multiple products with the same software pack, which supports Yocto Linux. By streamlining the writing and coding of each software application layer, customers can develop their products with minimal support – regardless of the type of application.
MediaTek’s Genio developer portal will give customers access to a wide range of developer tools, along with access to partners’ system hardware and software. Furthermore, brands can use the portal to take advantage of partners’ networks and sales channels.
The Genio chipsets offer fast multicore performance with extreme power-efficiency. The CPU, GPU and AI Processing Unit (APU) in each chipset work together to enhance intelligent autonomous capabilities at the edge and support high quality displays, cameras and more. In addition, each chipset offers support for the latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth protocols to deliver seamless connectivity.
The Genio series includes premium, mid-tier and entry-level system-on-chips (SoCs) and modules to address different market and application needs such as:
- Genio 1200 for premium AIoT applications that need best-in-class performance, support for the latest multimedia standards and 4K displays, 4.8 TOPs AI accelerator, and exceptional power efficiency
- Genio 500 for retail and commercial IoT applications that require high performance edge processing and advanced multimedia capabilities.
- Genio 350 for hubs in portable and home environments that require lighter vision and voice edge processing.
- Genio 130 for thin-OS and cloud-supported voice assistant devices that require an audio and microphone-orientated platform.
- With a highly capable octa-core CPU, five-core graphics, dual-core AI processor and advanced multimedia engines, the Genio 1200 is intended for advanced smart home appliances, industrial IoT applications and other demanding AI-embedded devices.
The Genio 1200 can also receive and process ultra-high definition display and camera inputs from a range of computer vision (CV) applications. It also provides support for the latest multimedia standards and 4K displays, and exceptional power efficiency in a 6nm-class chip. This platform also supports several high-speed interfaces, such as PCI-Express, USB 3.1 and GbE MAC, and also supports MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E and sub-6 5G modules to meet a wide range of connectivity needs.
The Genio 1200 will be commercially available starting in H2 2022. newelectronics