Indian and Taiwanese companies on Wednesday signed MoUs for wide-ranging collaboration to further strengthen the ongoing industrial collaboration.
The MoUs were signed in the presence of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) Secretary, Ramesh Abhishek and Vice Minister, Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan, Ms Mei-Hua Wang, at the 2nd India-Taiwan Industrial Collaboration Summit.
Speaking on the occasion, Abhishek and Taiwanese Vice Minister, Ms Mei-Hua Wang, spoke of the need to tap the growing opportunities for business and industrial collaboration in India.
Taiwan’s excellence in electronics and smart phone manufacture and India’s talent and skills, conducive business environment and liberal investment policies provide the right opportunity for collaboration, he viewed.
The summit was also addressed by the Representative of Taipei Economic and Cultural Center (TECC), Tien Chung-Kwang; Vice Chairman of Indian Affairs Committee, CNFI, Feng-Tzu Tsai; FICCI Electronics and White Goods Manufacturing Committee Chair, Som Mittal and Co-Chair of the FICCI Committee and President and CEO, Panasonic India, Manish Sharma.
The organizations and the signatories to the MoUs are:
– National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE)-Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), signed by Sanjay Kumar, Deputy Director General, NISE, India and Dr Tzeng-Yow, Lin, Director of CMS, ITRI, Taiwan.
– South India Tanner & Dealers Association and Taiwan Environmental Manufacturers Association (TEMA) by CM Zafarullah, Secretary, South India Tanner & Dealers Association, India and Keng-Tsuan, Kao, Chairman, TEMA, Taiwan.
– Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) by Dilip Chenoy, Secretary General, FICCI, India and Dr Jason C.S. Hsu, Director, ITRI, Taiwan.
– Indian Leather Industry Foundation (ILIFO)-Industrial Technology Research Institute(ITRI) by Dr Renuka Ramakrishnan, Project Manager, ILIFO, India and Dr Jer-Young, Chen, Deputy General Director, ITRI, Taiwan.
– Tamil Nadu Water Investment Company (TWIC) and ITRI by K. Ashok Natarajan, CEO, TWIC, India and Dr. Jer-Young, Chen, Deputy General Director, ITRI, Taiwan. – SME Times