Bosch home appliances, known industry-wide for raising the standards in quality appliances, announced a complete transformation of its refrigeration portfolio with the launch of the all-new Bosch freestanding French Door Bottom Mount refrigerator collection. These refrigeration units are designed from the ground up to address consumer needs when it comes to refrigeration and marks the beginning of a series of product introductions that will continue over the next several years, culminating in the broadest refrigeration portfolio in Bosch’s U.S. history.
“Bosch has always believed quality product innovations can truly enhance everyday life, and this relentless commitment has helped us change expectations of what a major appliance—from the dishwasher to a cooktop—can do,” explained Anja Prescher, Director of Brand Marketing at Bosch home appliances. “Similarly, we believe consumers should expect more from their refrigerator and our new freestanding French Door Bottom Mount refrigeration collection delivers on this notion. The new line is truly refrigeration, reinvented.”
Thoughtfully designed using years of consumer insights to maximize freshness, limit food waste and make it easier to store foods, the new collection is Fresh by Design—from the sleek exterior to the unparalleled interior freshness technologies and organizational solutions. Key features include:
- Offering the premium look of a built-in model in a freestanding format, the 24-inch deep cavity sits at true counter-depth for a flawless fit alongside kitchen cabinetry. The length of the door extends fully to the ground, furthering the look of a built-in model and offering a seamless integration into any kitchen space.
- Unprecedented craftsmanship is found in every component of the new collection—from fingerprint resistant stainless steel, to durable doors equipped with the signature Bosch soft close, infinity glass shelving lined with stainless steel, a stainless steel backwall and more—because the smallest details make the biggest difference.
- A number of exterior features are situated within the interior cavity, including the Interior Water Dispenser, new UltraClarityPro Water Filter and Interior Ice Maker, for a sleek exterior.
Perfectly fresh food storage
- A heightened awareness about food waste and an interest in fresh, nutritious meals leads to a need for properly storing ingredients. The new freestanding French Door Bottom Mount collection utilizes a unique four-point FarmFresh System, an exclusive Bosch technology designed to keep food fresh for up to 3x longer*, for less food waste.
- The innovative system features the industry’s first automatic temperature and humidity control drawer, VitaFreshPro, helping to take the guesswork out of food storage via pre-programmed freshness settings.
- All French Door Bottom Mount units are integrated with Home Connect. From an alarm notifying consumers that their refrigerator or freezer door is open to immediate, expert evaluation on the refrigerator through Remote Diagnostics, Bosch appliances with Home Connect offer peace of mind for consumers in knowing they can remotely monitor and control their appliances from anywhere** via smartphone or device for greater convenience.
Simplifying refrigeration organization
- Refrigerator and freezer organization is key to food preservation. The new collection takes the guesswork out of the food preservation process and helps maximize freshness by making it easier to see, organize and store items to ultimately prevent them from becoming lost or buried.
- From the FlexBar, which provides a first-of-its-kind solution to utilize unused space in the upper refrigerator cavity, to Full-Width Chiller Drawers, Gallon Door Bins and upscale shelving and lighting systems, the new freestanding French Door Bottom Mount units are designed to fit every lifestyle.
“Quality and reliability are at the core of our new refrigeration collection, and we are proud to use the full strength of our organization to set a new standard in refrigeration,” Prescher said. “When we began this project, we started with a blank sheet and asked ourselves ‘what does the American consumer truly need in a refrigerator?’ Our new collection answers this question and reimagines the possibilities of refrigeration through sleek units that offer the utmost in functionality, design and freshness.”
The new Bosch refrigeration portfolio is the result of an intensive collaboration between designers and engineers from the company’s global refrigeration network and the Refrigeration Technology Center in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The new Bosch French Door Bottom Mount refrigeration collection will be available midyear 2019 with 800 Series counter-depth models in fingerprint resistant stainless steel and black stainless steel finishes, and multiple